Examples of the projects we’ve worked on over the years.
Transportation and Engineering Design Surveys
A large portion of our transportation work has been with the Montana Department of Transportation (MDOT) and the Alaska Department of Transportation (AKDOT). Our transportation experience includes:
- Right-of-way surveys including easement legal descriptions/deed exhibits
- Project control per DOT standards
- Base mapping/topographic surveying assisting in design/construction of railroads
- Surveying infrastructure projects for AKDOT such as highway lane widening (Seward Highway)
- Alaska airport expansion projects, complete relocations of rural airports, photographic control
- Hydrographic surveys for the Kotzebue, AK airport expansion project and the Nome, AK Snake river/Harbor project
Geodetic Control and Aeronautical Surveys
We have considerable experience in working with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
- Observed data for nearly 70 geodetic control monuments in Alaska and “Blue-booking” nearly 15 projects with the National Geodetic Survey (NGS)
- Combine data from multiple sources into a unified data source for engineering and design surveys
- Trimble Business Center (TBC) for network adjustments and Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) manipulation
- NGS Online Positioning User Service (OPUS) Project Managers training
Oil and Gas
We have several years of experience in the oil and gas industry in Wyoming, North Dakota and Montana.
- TransCanada Keystone XL pipeline in eastern Montana
- Locating coalbed methane wells around Sheridan and Gillette, WY
- Gas midstream pipeline surveying in McKenzie, Williams and Dunn county, ND
- Gas pipeline work including route location, conflict identification, section corner control, line staking, as-builts and production of legal exhibits
- Supporting oil and gas development on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation (FBIR) by performing surveys for electrical powerline easements, roads and well pad locations
We have extensive experience working with the Forest Service, BLM, Indian Health Service (IHS) and various private and other entities over the years.
- National Forest Service work in the Custer National Forest, MT
- Forest service boundary surveys, retracements and water boundary surveys in Montana and Alaska.
- Lot/boundary surveys and fence line staking
- Elevation and Flood Plain Certificates required by Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Major and minor subdivision plats and exempted certificates of survey
- Multi-section ranch surveys on federal and private land
- Construction staking for highway projects, commercial or private construction
- Certified Federal Surveys such as a home site lease for a tribal member, certificate of right-of-way or other survey for one of the many tribal agencies
Quality Control Surveys
Project surveys for the Fort Knox Gold Mine near Fairbanks, AK.
- Topographic surveys for calculating volumes
- Road and pipeline layout and design surveying
- Pipeline construction staking and layout surveying
We have experience working for contractors, home builders and federal highways.
- New home and commercial building layout
- Staking for underground utilities – sewer, water and storm drain
- Curb and gutter staking
- Right-of-way delineation
- Highway reconstruction